Program and Workshop Schedule
- This event has passed.
February Mtg (2/15) – Happy Accidents in Color
February 15, 2017 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
Joanne Kaliontzis presents Happy Accidents in Color.
Joanne Kaliontzis is an artist living and working in Boston’s Fort Point Channel neighborhood. After studying graphic design at the RI School of Design, Joanne began her professional career as a motion graphic designer for broadcast television and cable. She has won numerous awards including two EMMY Awards for her design work for clients such as Discovery Networks, HGTV, History Channel, NBC, ESPN and local television stations around the country.
Ms. Kaliontzis will show a selection of her artwork as well as art that inspires her use of color.
Currently Joanne has focused on design work for arts-related businesses and non-profits and design and animation for documentary films. Since locating to Boston’s Fort Point neighborhood in the early 90’s, Joanne has become an active member in the Fort Point Arts Community (FPAC) and exhibits her “digital pop collage” work in a variety of settings.
Joanne’s artwork is about the visual deconstruction of found graphics ––packaging, labels, antique greeting cards, and advertising. She is attracted to design that has a classic iconic sense of nostalgia and Americana. Some of Joanne’s art and design work can be seen at jkali.com
Note: This meeting takes place at the Lexington Community Center, Room 230-232. See Venue below for more information.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions and the need to close, the LCC will post a phone message.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BDI FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Meetings and workshops are generally at the Lexington Community Center (LCC), 39 Marrett Road (Route 2A) Lexington, MA 02421, 781-698-4870.
- Some BDI Members Meetings will be held as off-site workshops, so check our website and calendar regarding venues.
- We welcome guests at regular monthly meetings, as space permits. There is a Guest Fee of $5.00 that may be applied toward membership.
- Guests may also attend workshops, as space allows, with a $5.00 or $10.00 Guest Fee. see specific event for details.
- Please note that BDI’s Annual Members Meeting and Dinner, scheduled for June 20th, 2018, is free for paid members.
- Directions: From Route 95/128, exit at Route 2A East. Follow Marrett Rd, crossing Waltham Street. Enter through the Scottish Rite Museum gate on the left. From Lexington Center, head east on Massachusetts Ave, toward Arlington. Turn right on Marrett Road (Rt 2A), then an immediate right into Scottish Rite Museum gate. The LCC is at the top of the hill, to the left of the parking lot.
- Questions? Programs, workshops, locations, and details are available on our website: www.beadesignerintl.org
Share your work and beading news on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BeadesignerInternational/