Program and Workshop Schedule
- This event has passed.
March – Wire Wrapping with Emmy Llewellyn
March 15 @ 6:45 am - 8:45 pm
Emmy Llewellyn of Wonder Wire Woman will do a presentation on wire wrapping. Here’s some info on Emmy’s back ground and what she’ll cover in her talk:
I am a self-proclaimed amateur jewelry artist, wire wrapping artist, and wonder wire woman. I came to this hobby in April 2015 haphazardly as something to do with my hands. I’ve always been somewhat creative, playing piano most of my life, but I decided to take on a new medium: wire wrapping.
It’s a full-blown passion now, and I cherish the time that I get to sit and craft something new, with glass implosion pendants, semi-precious gemstones, and other items that look good wrapped in wire. I love following tutorials, so I often allude to those artists in my shop listings. I enjoy being the vehicle for their thought leadership and inspiration. Don’t get me wrong–I create plenty of my own designs, and you’ll see my flow in each one of my pieces.
I have had the opportunity to create unique customized pieces for family members, friends and even those I do not know. The process itself is not stressful. For me, this is therapeutic, and who would’ve thought you could discover a new talent at age 30?
In my presentation, I will take you through the process of one of my pieces, from weaving to the patina process; deciding how many wires to use, whether it will be symmetrical, and how to antique the piece or to keep it fresh and bright or “raw.” From simple chain making to building an ornament for the holiday tree, wire wrapping is a unique process. And very fulfilling!
- In the event of extreme weather conditions and the need to close, the LCC will post a phone message.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BDI FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Meetings and workshops are generally at the Lexington Community Center (LCC), 39 Marrett Road (Route 2A) Lexington, MA 02421, 781-698-4870.
- Some BDI Members Meetings will be held as off-site workshops, so check our website and calendar regarding venues.
- We welcome guests at regular monthly meetings, as space permits. There is a Guest Fee of $5.00 that may be applied toward membership.
- Guests may also attend workshops, as space allows, with a $5.00 or $10.00 Guest Fee. see specific event for details.
- Please note that BDI’s Annual Members Meeting and Dinner, scheduled for June 20th, 2018, is free for paid members.
- Directions: From Route 95/128, exit at Route 2A East. Follow Marrett Rd, crossing Waltham Street. Enter through the Scottish Rite Museum gate on the left. From Lexington Center, head east on Massachusetts Ave, toward Arlington. Turn right on Marrett Road (Rt 2A), then an immediate right into Scottish Rite Museum gate. The LCC is at the top of the hill, to the left of the parking lot.
- Questions? Programs, workshops, locations, and details are available on our website: www.beadesignerintl.org
Share your work and beading news on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BeadesignerInternational/