Program and Workshop Schedule
- This event has passed.
May – Resin Romp Workshop with Phyllis Flora
May 20, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:45 pm
Curious about how resin can be used in jewelry? This class is the perfect introduction to UV resin. We’ll use open-back wire bezels that you can make yourself and fill them with resin. But that’s just where the fun starts – we’ll color the resin using mica powders and glitter, then add tiny little treasures like dried flowers, confetti, beads, watch parts and whatever else we can put our hands on. Before you know it, you’ll have your own collection of totally personalized charms. Combine these resin charms with a few beads, dangle them from chain, and, voila – a true one-of-a-kind bracelet, plus you’ll have everything you need to know to go off and conquer resin jewelry in your own style.
Reservations required. The cost of both the four-hour workshop and the kit is $80.00. Send reservation and check to P.O. Box 600472, Newtonville, MA 02460.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions and the need to close, the LCC will post a phone message.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BDI FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Meetings and workshops are generally at the Lexington Community Center (LCC), 39 Marrett Road (Route 2A) Lexington, MA 02421, 781-698-4870.
- Some BDI Members Meetings will be held as off-site workshops, so check our website and calendar regarding venues.
- We welcome guests at regular monthly meetings, as space permits. There is a Guest Fee of $5.00 that may be applied toward membership.
- Guests may also attend workshops, as space allows, with a $5.00 or $10.00 Guest Fee. see specific event for details.
- Please note that BDI’s Annual Members Meeting and Dinner, scheduled for June 20th, 2018, is free for paid members.
- Directions: From Route 95/128, exit at Route 2A East. Follow Marrett Rd, crossing Waltham Street. Enter through the Scottish Rite Museum gate on the left. From Lexington Center, head east on Massachusetts Ave, toward Arlington. Turn right on Marrett Road (Rt 2A), then an immediate right into Scottish Rite Museum gate. The LCC is at the top of the hill, to the left of the parking lot.
- Questions? Programs, workshops, locations, and details are available on our website: www.beadesignerintl.org
Share your work and beading news on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BeadesignerInternational/