Program and Workshop Schedule
January Meet & Workshop – Making Metal Bangles and Dangles
January 17 @ 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
RING IN 2018 WITH BDI – First Member Event of the Year
MEMBERS MEETING & METAL WORKSHOP
Start the New Year with an exciting STUDIO CLASS for eight, where you will learn about soldering, working with metal, and possibilities for incorporating metal work with beading. Karenna Maraj, owner of Karenna Maraj Jewelry Collection in Belmont, will be sharing some tricks of the trade in jewelry making and design. You will leave the class with three simple bangles and bead dangles.
This is a two-hour workshop, including materials, for $40.00. Reservations are a must, with preference given to BDI members until 1/6/17, at which time the class will be open to non-members with the addition of a $5.00 guest fee.
Karenna is a professional jewelry artist who studied metalsmithing at RISD, and has taught locally for many years. Karenna Maraj Jewelry Collection is both a gallery showcasing local artists, and a classroom/ studio space located at 95 Trapelo Rd., Cushing Square, Belmont.
*To reserve your place send a $20.00 check and contact information, by Jan. 6, to Beadesigner International, PO Box 303, Belmont, MA. For questions email: email@example.com.
**NOTE that this event is a workshop, not a meeting, and takes place at the instructor’s location, NOT at the usual meeting place in Lexington.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions and the need to close, the LCC will post a phone message.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BDI FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Meetings and workshops are generally at the Lexington Community Center (LCC), 39 Marrett Road (Route 2A) Lexington, MA 02421, 781-698-4870.
- Some BDI Members Meetings will be held as off-site workshops, so check our website and calendar regarding venues.
- We welcome guests at regular monthly meetings, as space permits. There is a Guest Fee of $5.00 that may be applied toward membership.
- Guests may also attend workshops, as space allows, with a $5.00 or $10.00 Guest Fee. see specific event for details.
- Please note that BDI’s Annual Members Meeting and Dinner, scheduled for June 20th, 2018, is free for paid members.
- Directions: From Route 95/128, exit at Route 2A East. Follow Marrett Rd, crossing Waltham Street. Enter through the Scottish Rite Museum gate on the left. From Lexington Center, head east on Massachusetts Ave, toward Arlington. Turn right on Marrett Road (Rt 2A), then an immediate right into Scottish Rite Museum gate. The LCC is at the top of the hill, to the left of the parking lot.
- Questions? Programs, workshops, locations, and details are available on our website: www.beadesignerintl.org
Share your work and beading news on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BeadesignerInternational/