Program and Workshop Schedule
- This event has passed.
April – Tips & Tricks for Photographing Your Work with Steve Johnson
April 19, 2017 @ 6:45 am - 8:45 pm
Steve Johnson is a Belmont resident who has been an independent photographer for over twenty-five years. His work ranges from Corporate (Annual Reports, Facilities,Products, and Portraits; Architecture (Commercial and Residential Spaces); Editorial (Newspapers, Magazines, and Online Documentation; and Portraiture.
A graduate of Boston University’s School of Public Communication, he wrote and photographed for small newspapers and magazines before entering the high-end print production industry, and honing the specialty of Architectural work. He then became a staff photographer for Tufts University’s teaching hospital campus as well as their other locations. While managing his own enterprise, he also served as manager of a separate commercial, portrait, and wedding studio, and then became administrative manager for a graphic design and writing agency.
He is a member and former board member of the Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, also having had the Chair of Facilities. He is a former board member of the Commercial/Industrial Photographers of New England, also having been the Director of Programs. He has recently exhibited a series of fourteen framed works at the Belmont Library entitled “Romania’s Faces of Triumph”.
With his wife Doina, he is exhibiting at the In Focus Camera Club show in April at Brigham Circle, Boston, and they are curating next year’s exhibition.
The images show some examples of photography with small parts.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions and the need to close, the LCC will post a phone message.
- PROGRAM CANCELLATIONS ARE POSTED ON THE BDI FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Meetings and workshops are generally at the Lexington Community Center (LCC), 39 Marrett Road (Route 2A) Lexington, MA 02421, 781-698-4870.
- Some BDI Members Meetings will be held as off-site workshops, so check our website and calendar regarding venues.
- We welcome guests at regular monthly meetings, as space permits. There is a Guest Fee of $5.00 that may be applied toward membership.
- Guests may also attend workshops, as space allows, with a $5.00 or $10.00 Guest Fee. see specific event for details.
- Please note that BDI’s Annual Members Meeting and Dinner, scheduled for June 20th, 2018, is free for paid members.
- Directions: From Route 95/128, exit at Route 2A East. Follow Marrett Rd, crossing Waltham Street. Enter through the Scottish Rite Museum gate on the left. From Lexington Center, head east on Massachusetts Ave, toward Arlington. Turn right on Marrett Road (Rt 2A), then an immediate right into Scottish Rite Museum gate. The LCC is at the top of the hill, to the left of the parking lot.
- Questions? Programs, workshops, locations, and details are available on our website: www.beadesignerintl.org
Share your work and beading news on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BeadesignerInternational/